Come be a part of a small but determined and enthusiastic team that wants to build an Indian literary canon and put the spotlight on non-English Indian literature.
Position: Content Operations Manager
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Compensation: Rs 17k a month, for about 30 hours per week of work, but there is an option to earn a percentage of any revenue you bring in. Alternate Saturdays are off, but may be expected to work some weekends to conduct gatherings and events.
Deadline: Till position fills
Your tasks will include (but not shoved upon you all at once):
1. Manage the Purple Pencil Project social media accounts – Instagram, Twitter and Facebook – by creating and uploading posts everyday. You may have to attend events such as litfests, to cover them live. Costs such as entry passes will be reimbursed, when applicable.
2. Spearhead our marketing and outreach activities, including brand partnerships, sponsorships, collaborations
3. Sometimes, conduct interviews with authors and other stakeholders from the publishing industry
4. Once in a week, upload articles and interviews on WordPress – follow established guidelines
5. Coordinate with our team of reviewers to send and receive reviews, and once a month, ensure they are paid
6. Conduct unBlock sessions (Go here for more details) on what these meetups are. You may only have to coordinate on most occasions, not necessarily write or moderate the session yourself
We are looking to hire:
1. Someone who loves books, is willing to read about Indian publishing and is focused and dedicated towards execution of plans
2. Someone with a marketing bent of mind, and knows of ways to generate revenue (a.k.a, a level of business acumen)
3. Someone who can work quickly and multitask. You will also be using Asana a lot, as well as whatsapp and email. The more organized you can be, the better. Preferrably have a stable and fast internet connection
4. If you speak and read an Indian language than English/Hindi, that is a bonus
Your educational background is not of import, but you have to demonstrate some level of comfort and proficiency with digital marekting and social media management.
If you have queries, please feel free to reach out to us.
Send your CV and Cover Letter